Friday, June 27, 2014

Journal Entry for 27 June 2014

     Today I almost passed on a fitness routine, to which I later realized would become the downward spiral in the fall out of a discipline.

     Today began much like every other day, awaken from a dream and ponder it's interpretation, though the dream slipped my mind as soon as I got dressed for an early morning walk. Still to this moment I can only recall the appearance of one known man in my dream; which from previous interpretations holds an amount of importance in my interpretations. The usual walk down the path and back was a bit different this morning. The sun was not as hot yet and the wind had a gentle, steady wisp, which kept me cool. I took in the scent of nature and paid notice to the runners and dog walkers. Katie, the name of one stranger's pets, came up to me once again today as we passed. A beautiful dog, of which breed I am not familiar, I only know that age is showing for this one, and of course her name. Which I only know her name because the owner stated it in correction as she came over to me and "lurped" me (licked if you prefer). I am very welcoming to animals and was in no way offended only happy by this happy presence. This day started off refreshing and relaxing.... and continued that way. At least in the manner of relaxing.

     I continued the day sitting at my desk, reading, searching sites, wasting time on sites that humor me when stressed. It has been my routine to go walking, eat breakfast, wait a half hour and then work out. This morning did not go this way. Each hour that went by at my desk I reminded myself, "time to exercise". Yet the hour passed by. Soon it was past dinner time. That last meal about did me in, and then came the sneaky whisper.

"Surely, one rest day wouldn't be so bad?"

"Sure." I thought, many people workout in workout/rest cycles. Surely it wouldn't hurt to rest one day. Something in that moment clicked inside.

"This is the moment which I can choose to be productive and challenge this, or I can let the day slip by and possibly begin the downward motion of a discipline falling."

What a powerful moment!!! I recall now, mixing my workout shake, and preparing my weights wondering where my day had gone among all the books, sites, and matters which lack importance. I already struggle to discipline myself to follow through with all my other metaphysical exercises, was I about to give in here too? Post work out and back at my desk, ONCE AGAIN (sigh) I am very glad I pushed through that workout. Thank goodness for the endorphin release.

No comments:

Post a Comment