Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"This I Believe" 10 Minute Writing Exercise


  1. I believe that I am more than my physical body.
  2. I believe that my conscious reality is based mainly around my perception.
  3. I believe that I can choose to respond rather than react.
  4. I believe that there are many colors that are beyond the spectrum of my perception.
  5. I believe that many things I believe are based on my upbringing, schools, propaganda, and I have yet seen through the subject clearly with unbiased attention.
  6. I believe that our country has given away liberty in a trade for security and that was a fatal error.
  7. I believe that each person interprets a situation differently based on what they perceived and how they recall the events.
  8. I believe it will soon be time for me to cut the grass again at the S.O.M. school as I know the time to cut my grass is again coming nigh.
  9. I believe that my dreams hold a very important message about my level of waking consciousness as do the dreams of others reflect the same for them.
  10. I believe I have had several good ideas for books from my dreams alone.
  11. I believe I enjoy dreaming though it is unproductive to maintain a sleep state.
  12. I believe there are many ways to exercise.
  13. I believe that a persons figure does not equal beauty.
  14. I believe beauty resonates from the inside.
  15. I believe that physical beauty can still be attractive, it just depends on the viewer.
  16. I believe that I enjoy the taste of tea.
  17. I believe that too much sweetener in my tea can ruin the flavor for it.
  18. I believe I enjoy cooking and am a decent cook in my own niche of recipes.
  19. I believe I dislike cooking for those who are picky eaters.
  20. I believe human beings should have more say over their ow n health.
  21. I believe that the lines between corporations and government are too blurry and  undefined for my liking.
  22. I believe society does not want people to become wise.
  23. I believe that I would rather die free than be a slave, though I have no problem freely on my own accord being of service to another.
The word account above is 381 words.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that we are more than just a physical body. I enjoyed your free write regarding that topic. I also believe that many things people believe are based off of their upbringing. Upbringing definitely affects people in all aspects of their life. I also believe that each person interprets situations differently. It is crazy how many things can be taken into a thousand different ways. I believe that a person's beauty resonates from the inside as well. That is what actually counts. I agree with many of your statements!

    Abigail S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Abigail! Thank you for your reply! It's always interesting to see how people relate. Many of the things that came out into text in this writing are very interesting subjects to me. I love conversing over these subjects. Thank you for your comment and have a wonderful day!
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete