Sunday, June 29, 2014

Journal Entry for 29 June 2014

     The power has just came back on. It's a strange eerie feeling when you drive through your town and reach the side of town where your house is located and the power if off for you and your neighbors. Very strange to me when it only affects half the town. I was concerned whether or not I would get my journal entry done in time. Here I go with 15 minutes til midnight.
     I suppose it's not unheard of that children are afraid of the dark, but it's still one more thing to worry about working around when the house has zero lighting and pre-teen children still freaking out. I learned something about myself in that moment. I need to work on my nurturing side. I did not foresee such an event as this taking place when earlier today I took part in a clean up session with the School of Metaphysics. In this session we often draw from a list of topics or aspects/attitudes that we should meditate on while we clean. Mine turned out to nurturing, which in that moment I was stumped as to what I needed to work on this for. The most prominent thought I had was that I needed to work on this for myself, because I was being hard on myself over a current situation and needed to allow myself space to experience it and learn from it without being harsh and judging the experience so brashly. I made peace with that understanding as I meditated on the thoughts and cleaned the school. Now after sitting down and processing the events upon my arrival home and my children acting all manners of scared-of-the-dark syndrome, I realized that my nurturing side could benefit greatly from a tune-up. Something to work on and hopefully the power will stay on long enough for me to submit this. Have a great night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment