Saturday, June 28, 2014

Know Your Audience Analysis Exercise

     As I read over the various question and answers, I understand that my audience values family for one thing. A number of posts state that if they could spend one day with any person real or fiction, many of them chose family members. Another question asking what the perfect day would be, once again revealed a number of answers involving a day with family in once scenario or another. Some of the other questions involved asking what television show or movie would represent your life or which character would represent you. To this question I noticed that there were plenty of answers, each different. However, I can say that there seems to be a popular majority of those who watch television or some sort of visual media. I can see that from the the question asking what color is your attitude, everyone generally feels positive about themselves and the way they experience life.
     Already I can build from these three alone, that my audience would favor reading something that pertains to family, holds a positive outlook towards the individual and even shows an interest in fictional dramas. I use the word drama loosely to represent fictional media, movies, television series, daytime dramas, etc.
     The age groups vary in range and there are a number of other slight differences between the individuals here and there, such as who would be a the most desired mentor, though some shared the same interests. This difference would not create a problem for my writing, as each individual chose someone the believe to be wise or of good influence.
     I believe that some of my writings in this area of study (outside of fictional writing and writing for a broad audience) would require a positive approach; though that could depend on the subject of the writings.
     I think what surprised me the most from these discussion board posts, was not entirely the responses of the audience, but the realization of how little television I watch these days. I was interested in each persons post about who would be their mentors, though I wasn't sure how to group that at first for use of writing. Reading over each persons super power desire was another interesting post. I think there is an amount of information that can be gleaned from a persons response to what they want their super power to be. Which now that I think of it could also be a factor in deciding how to write for the audience. Maybe not as a whole, but towards groups. I believe however, that I should stick to writing for the entire audience and not just niches here and there.
     What an interesting assignment.

1 comment:

  1. Good summary and emerging analysis - move to analysis by asking why. Why did people answer the way that they did? What does this all mean. Defining the meaning will bring you to analysis. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete