Saturday, July 12, 2014

12 July 2014 - Banana Chips

Okay. Here is my confession. I love yard sales and garage sales! Whew. There it is. I said it. Seriously though, the old saying that one man's trash is another man's treasure. There is something to that! I went to one yard sale today. ONE! I found a food dehydrator NEW in the box! HOLY COW! What a find! Okay, now I know this may not be big news for anyone else, but for a guy who observes two days every week where all I eat is fruit, this is kind of a big deal. For the life of me I have been unable to find a store that sells banana chips that have not be coated in sugar. I've looked! I've been to the regular stores and the health food stores. No luck either way! Now I can make my own though! You cannot imagine the feeling I am having right now over the simplicity of being able to make my own banana chips!

That's not all! I got a BBQ utensil set (I broke my last set pressing a burger into the cooking surface and pew the handles broke. That's a tough burger!) I found two small sleeping bags in awesome condition. Now my kiddos can have a sleeping bag for sleep overs! Tag onto that a pretty sweet fold out chair that has a foot rest (A FOOT REST!!!) built into it. All of this, all of it, only costed me twenty dollars. I would have paid that easily for the food dehydrator, which by the way, right now is making banana chips. Boom-Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment