Thursday, July 3, 2014

Journal Entry for 3 July 2014

Today I took my kids to pick out some fireworks to celebrate Independence Day. In our small town I found three tents near by each other all competing for business. It does seem that the price goes up each year, but that seems like a subject of economics and federal reserve shenanigans, which isn't too interesting of a subject at the moment.

I bought them a lot of the usual fun but not so pretty fireworks to play with through out the day. What would it be without the snappers that go pow when thrown on the ground? I did pass up the confetti poppers that I usually enjoy. Then we shopped out the pretty, flashy, light up things. Sparklers and dancing blossoms. My son is getting older, and I decided this year would be an okay year for bottle rockets. Though I stared at them longer trying to say yes or no within my own mind. I spotted many colorful fireworks that would be fun for the celebration of this phenomenal country (though I couldn't find the elusive free health care firecracker...I'm pretty sure that is one of those fireworks that are only shot off in a few other countries). Smoke bombs, flying disks, little sparkler tanks and even a egg laying hen thingy. They walked away with quite a bag full of celebratory items, smiling and talking the whole way with excitement. Now the wait until they came ignite the fun seems to test their little waiting abilities until tomorrow. Now my hope is that this year I don't have a sparkler get flashed in my face as I help them light them. I love my eye brows.

No comments:

Post a Comment