Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Journal Entry for 2 July 2014

Wow, I love books. I cannot seem to find enough time to read as many books through out the day as I desire. I am lucky some days to work in a chapter of a desired book, but I will take what I can get. I read through a number of books today on metaphysical topics ranging from spirituality and meditation techniques. These are usually very interesting subjects for me and I could easily find myself talking about these topics to a like minded friend or stranger alike. I sometimes imagine that one day I will have my own massive personal library filled with various books from one subject to the next. It will be so grand that I will have to implement my very own inventory and order system, to ease the task of locating a specific book. This day dream is why I love libraries as well as book stores. I am reminded of some great book sales and I found once at a library that was clearing out some space for new books. Sometimes those are the best! There was no advancement today towards getting such a library of my own, but there was some fun of reading a good two chapters and arranging some school lessons into their own book. I have been keeping my lessons from the metaphysical studies school in document protectors. This was great for protecting them, however, I was unable to read through the lessons without removing them from the protectors. Some of the lessons have been worn a bit from carrying them around in my coat pockets in the past and I haven't wanted to wear them out further. So today I went to the store and bought 120 document protector sleeves and sat patiently removing staples and sliding each page into their own sleeve. It was one fat binder by time I was finished. It took me longer than expected but the feeling when I was finished and could flip through each page was wonderful and worth it. Now, back to day dreaming about that library of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment