Friday, July 18, 2014

The case of the missing pen - Journal Entry for 18 July 2014

I cannot find my stylus for my Wacom Bamboo tablet. It's driving me bonkers. In an attempt to clean up my desk area, it's been misplaced. I've been searching for weeks. I've gone from room to room checking all around the area where the tablet was stored, but there is no pen. I've checked in the places I thought a pen looking stick might be placed if found. Still there is no pen. I've dug, searched, and rummaged all the places it might not be. Yet, there is no pen. My garage looks more chaotic every day that I go digging through it. I keep hoping that at least I will find the spare that I had misplaced some time back I dig through plastic bags and old laptop bags. I have torn open boxes that I've thrown stuff in, only to leave the stuff on the garage floor. The end result does not appear orderly, however there is no pen.Where is it?! How could it stay lost for such a long time? I have even thought about buying an upgrade to the tablet just so I could get back to creating art again. This is frustrating. Not quite as frustrating as trying to find something I'm so interested in that I can motivate myself to perform all of the research questionnaires, but still, frustrating.

Those research questionnaires are another thing. I had thought surely there is something I am passionate enough about that doing this will be a piece of cake. Right? Wrong. That blew my mind. Whew! There it is, glad I got that off of my chest. I was certain that I was so passionate about dreams that I could answer each one of those questions, cutting through that word document like a hot knife through butter, but alas, I met resistance with each question I came to. This is not my desire. Though I have taken from these assignments, methods to broaden and narrow out a questioning and research method, I have also persuaded myself to shy away further from any career which may ask me to perform such a gauntlet. What am I saying? I don't know the future, I might come around...maybe. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment