Friday, July 4, 2014

Journal Entry for 4 July 2014

The day of festivities to celebrate our Independence Day is here! The kids have already been outside shooting off their fireworks. Bottle rockets and smoke bombs until the sun begins to set. Now they're taking a break while I continue at the homework grind. It's possible that I attend too many schools of study.

Today I managed to work in a moment to brush my cat. The poor guy really needed to be brushed. Summer heat is catching up with his long poofy hair. The little guy is so furry I think I brushed enough hair to cover another cat. Maybe I could get into the cat toupee business. He could be quite the contributor.

I sat today pondering how to make Dream Journals as a crafting experience for the next up and coming Dream Catcher's meetup group. I kept coming up with ideas that I was not satisfied with until I stumbled upon some brown craft foam in my garage. Twelve by eighteen inches folder in half.... just might work I thought. So I brought it inside and laid out the template, folding, positioning paper and thinking further how I would combine it all. Five minutes later I'm texting my co-coordinator the idea and process. A reply of "neato" was one of the clearest confirmations of an idea of mine I think I've had from her.

I still stare over the list of books I desire to read through the summer days. Each one related to a form of theosophy, philosophy and the like. I'm not sure when I last read a book of fiction. The moments of day dream that I work int periodically have filled the spaces normally allotted for stories of the sort. I laugh that I might be able to finish one book by the end of the summer. Maybe. At least I can work on collecting for that library I hope to have one day. That is a wonderful thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment