Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Movie Break - Journal Entry for 17 July 2014

Today, upon waking I wrote down my dream and then began doing college work. Homework turned into cleaning my bedroom, which turned into cooking lunch, which then turned into spiritual disciplines, and so on. I came to a point where I needed a break. I asked my wife what movies are playing. She rallied off a list of some at one location that is nicely cheaper to attend, but they had nothing of interest. I can be difficult to please with multimedia (movies, television shows, magazines. too many are filled with drama that if I wanted to witness I would just pay attention to my surroundings as I walk down a sidewalk, and that's free of charge). She listed the movies playing at another location, one stood out and she agreed that it sounded neat. Edge of Tomorrow... I've seen the trailer and had the soundtrack stuck in my head in the past. This all sounded nice, but mostly I was craving a break from the book work with an addition of soda and buttered popcorn.

We enjoyed the action packed sci-fi movie with it's moments of humor. A number of things stood out to me beyond the scope of the movie however, and though I wish I could elaborate more clearly on these for the audience, I'm afraid I shouldn't yet as I am still digesting the thoughts myself. It was a great choice for a break away movie. I came home and sat recalling my favorite parts until I was ready to continue with my obligations of college work and such. Now I must finish some disciplines.

No comments:

Post a Comment