Monday, July 21, 2014

Journal Entry for 21 July 2014

Today I took a trip into the outskirts of town and visited the Lowes store. I had the idea to look at panel board or ply-wood to make a sign for Free Dream Interpretation, when I and the group go to the downtown square area and interpret dreams. I never found a board for the price that I wanted to pay. I was hoping to find a decent piece of ply-wood for about $10 but I wasn't sure what I'd find since I haven't been to Lowes in some time. It's possible that I over looked the ply-wood I was looking for, but all I did see was some priced remarkably higher in price. I did pick up an 8 foot rough cut board of cedar that I had them cut for me a few times. I should have enough to make 3 fold-up meditation benches. I had thought about selling these for a profit, but we will see how I feel once they are complete. I initially set off to find something productive that would bring me out of a melancholy.

Before making it home, the family and I followed some signs for a Hippie Hollow Boutique, which turns out to only be open on Saturdays. The road led me back around and we ended up near the Humane Society where we stopped in and played with a bunch of kittens for about an hour. They had so many kittens that they were having an adoption sale. I was so tempted to get the crazy cat man starter kit. There were at least a dozen that I wanted to adopt, both young and old. I managed to maintain some great impulse control however and walk away empty handed. Someone would adopt some kittens I am certain, I just better go home and take care of my old fur ball.

Arriving home I settled down to begin hashing out the story line for some fiction when I got side tracked with some of the more technical aspects of formatting the MS Word document to meet eBook criteria. For now I am deciding to hold off on understanding the technicalities and just write my story. I will check with a friend who understands it better and then maybe I can receive some clarity on how this formatting system works.

No comments:

Post a Comment