Monday, July 7, 2014

Journal Entry for 7 July 2014 Some talk of dreams.

College errands. Yep. I said it. Today was the day I realized I hadn't registered for Fall classes yet. Which means it was another day of me sitting down trying to figure out which class will fit into my day where and how much time that will give me between classes and the like. Surprisingly, I was stressed. Why? I don't even know. It seemed easy enough, I just don't think I was liking the idea of how crammed my schedule was about to become. The difference also being that I will be attending classes in a seated sitting during the Fall instead of online classes. Schedules can be my worst nightmare because in the past I would arrive really early to events, work, etc, and it just got old. Some have said that's great you're always early!!! To which my response was, I'm here because I'm always worried about being late and the consequences. Let's just say that is not a desirable way to live. Now I will see if that is how I respond this time around to schedules.

So much of my day outside of college work revolves around the subject of metaphysics. I often feel that I should discuss it in this blog since I'm blogging in journal-ish form. Instead of diving into the deep end of it all, I think I will wade into the shallow end of talking about dreams, since I have found other times to talk about dreams in my school work. I write my dreams down and value my dreams. I believe that dreams are often a set of images that relay a message from the subconscious mind, trying to point out something I need to put my attention on during the day. So far, within the last (almost) year of doing this, most of my dreams have been interpreted accurately. The last few nights I had a dream of hills. The first night I walked into a hill at the base of it. The next night I saw the top of a hill cut off and removed so that I could stare down inside of it and I could see the contents which were rock, metals, even trees!!! Then once again I dreamed of this happening last night as well. This time, a teacher-like figure that I know was pointing out to me the contents of the hill once again. Teachers and authority figures, for me, have represented the super-conscious mind. I pay close attention to the dream meaning when I have such a symbol. So, at first I wasn't paying as much attention to the hills and their contents in the dreams, as there was a lot of other dream content that is not listed here. I was occupied with the meaning of all the other symbols and overlooking the hills. Hills and mountains have represented a challenge or obstacle, something to overcome. So, now that in the dream I am seeing the inside of the hill and what it contains, I realized that during my waking life I am seeing the contents of some obstacle or challenge. Though I am not paying attention to it. So after having the dream imagery three times and one with a super-conscious symbol even, I realized, I better pay attention to what is the obstacle in my life because even though I'm not giving it my attention, I see clearly what the underlying parts and challenges are and should be able to overcome this challenge quite easily. I love interpreting dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment