Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Teaching and a Dream - Journal Entry for 16 July 2014

At the School of Metaphysics, there comes a time when a student is given the opportunity to teach what they have learned. Recently, I was given the opportunity. In the past I had looked forward to teaching, though I came to a point where I realized I wanted to teach for the wrong reasons. I felt it was something that would give me a common quality to relate to others in the school. After breaking through this egoic situation, I carried on content with my gaining of understandings and experiences. Then I was asked to meet with the director before a class I was going to audit. I had a feeling what the meeting was about but awaited the confirmation. I sat down with the director as he popped the offer to teach. I stared on and smiled as he finished his statements. My thoughts had been confirmed, but now I wasn't entirely sure that it was what I wanted. I had understood that wisdom can be acquired by passing on my understandings. I had heard the the one who teachers, learns. I had learned that one receives when they give. I knew that teaching what I had learned and no longer simply believed, but knew, would be beneficial for others who were also wanting to learn more about themselves and grow. I just didn't know if I wanted the commitment. I said I desired a night to meditate on it, which I was given. That night I had a dream, a dream that even to me did not make much sense in terms of my waking experiences. However, I interpreted it with the help of a more experienced dream interpreter.

I had tried to do what is called Dream Incubation. The idea is that one free writes, or Conscious Journaling by the name those in my school call it, on the subject one seeks guidance or an answer on. The idea is to prepare the intention that you desire a dream which comes from the subconscious level of mind when the conscious level is unable to make a decision. I hope I haven't lost anyone on this yet. So this is what I did and then I dreamed.

The dream goes as follows: I am in a building where circus shows and plays are performed and I am speaking with a woman who is the owner of the building. I then stand in the middle of a group of mixed military individuals and I too am wearing my old military uniform. A young woman named Natasha I recall, was stating her concern about a playground to which the military group stated it was not their jurisdiction. I looked to the side and I saw an African-American boy dancing and spinning on his head.

The interpretation goes as follows: I am in a place where my imagination and talents can be expressed. I have a disciplined expression. The girls name in numerology adds up to a 10 which is a powerful beginning number. The boy represents a different way of thinking that I am finding harmony with.

After these were pointed out I saw how they fit into place in the dream and this is a good dream on any night, but I wasn't really clear if it clarified any anxiety about teaching. I agreed still because I perceived that these were lessons I could teach quite beneficially. Still I continued to incubate the dream. Last night the dream showed the experiences of my waking state but ended with a particularly great set of symbols.

My dream ended as follows: I am holding a large jar of dehydrated fruit, and groups of people are coming to me with their jars which are empty and presenting them to me. I begin pouring my jar into theirs one at a time, filling each one up. I keep looking at my jar expecting it to be running out but it stays full and I fill many many jars until I wake up.

This dream was easy to interpret for me. Very easy. Food represents knowledge and the quality of the food often tells the dreamer the quality of knowledge. Fruit is a healthy food, and it was dehydrated which makes it last longer. This is long lasting knowledge in my jar. People come to me with their jars empty, and I pour my knowledge into their jars filling them up, but I never lose any knowledge or lack. I can view these people as aspects of myself further receiving knowledge, or just simply that it answered my question.

Now I'm craving some dehydrated fruit or trail mix. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment