Monday, July 14, 2014

Will Power - Journal Entry for 14 July 2014

I've stated before that I observe two days of the week in which I eat fruits only. I'm the only one in my family that does this. I get to eat a number of things that are not exactly fruit and I do get to use about every seasoning in the spice cabinet to do so. Since my family does not follow suit, I have spent a many a day cooking delicious foods for them that are off the menu for me.

Today for example I was asked if I could cook on the grill instead of cooking on the stove top. I crinkled my face as I realized how good this food was going to taste and I wouldn't be able to partake in it until Wednesday. Which is when it will be all gone. It wasn't just one meal that I cooked either. I cooked three separate meals on the grill. Each one smelt so good! I started off with pork chops with mouth watering seasoning, searing each side first to seal the meat and lock the juices in. I followed up with steak sauce marinated hamburgers, oh goodness my mouth is watering even now. Last but of course not least, I grilled up some marinated sirloin steaks. Which were likewise seared and came off the grill tender and juicy. All the while I'm casually eating my fruits. A plump watermelon was my friend for the day as I grazed on the seedless, red chunks of deliciousness. I'm told that the steaks were amazing. I'm perplexed in a state of jealousy and flattery. I'll just sit here and enjoy this apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment